Accessible Customer Service Policy
Providing Good and Services to People with Disabilities
CMS Group LTD. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our good or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed in the areas of our premises that are open to the public
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to. We will notify customers of this by posting a notice in the reception area.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services of facilities for customers we will notify customers promptly by email, telephone, voice mail message and posted signage at head office entrance. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services if available.
CMS Group LTD. will provide accessible customer service training to administrative staff, Sales & Marketing personnel, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on behalf of CMS Group LTD. within 30 days of employment. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans and practices and procedures related to the provision of our good and services.
Training will include
• An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
• CMS Group LTD. plan related to the customer service standard
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use and assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
• How to use the equipment or devices available on site or otherwise that may help with providing goods of services to people with disabilities
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing CMS Group LTD. goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way CMS Group LTD provides good and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback by email, fax, phone or verbally.
All feedback, including complaints will be reviewed by management and the customer can expect to hear back within 5 business days.
Notice of Availability
CMS Group LTD. will notify the public that our documents related to accessible customer service are available upon request by posting a notice in the reception area.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy, practice or procedure of CMS Group LTD. that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
CMS Group LTD. Accessible Customer Service Plan and Policy has been reviewed and updated on March 14th, 2019.